The third in a series of messages on the book: Revelation of Jesus Christ (a podcast sound file)
Download – Revelation – Have We Obeyed? – Idaho 5-2012 (Note: when you get the message “The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway” you will have to click on the “Download anyway” link for the file to download.)
It didn’t make a lot of sense for Joshua and the Israelite army to march around the walls of Jericho, to defeat Jericho. Especially on the very day they were to attack, to march seven times around before they would attack. Logically, all this marching would just weaken and wear them out. But when they did what God told them to do, they were successful because God did what they themselves could not do – God caused the walls to fall!
And so the book of Revelation also has a battle plan to destroy the greatest walled city of all time: Babylonian (false Christianity) deception. The plan is:
First: Seven seals of spiritual understanding that only Jesus Christ himself can open through him saving the soul from sin.
- That is why Jesus told Nicodemus “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” ~ John 3:3
- “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” ~ Ephesians 1:17-18
Second: In the seventh seal there are seven trumpet angels who prepared themselves to sound, once the silence had been broken by Jesus our High Priest
- “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand” ~ Joel 2:1
- “And when Judah looked back, behold, the battle was before and behind: and they cried unto the LORD, and the priests sounded with the trumpets.” 2 Chronicles 13:14
Third: In Revelation 11:15 we read “And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.” This announcement is in direct opposition to the spirit of Babylon, and not long after the seven vials of God’s wrath are poured out against spiritual corruption.
- “And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.” ~ Revelation 16:1
- “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath” ~ Revelation 16:17-19
Not until we have fully obeyed in completing the battle plan of Revelation will “it is done” be stated from the throne, and then the great walled city of Babylon’s deception will fall. God has ordained for his true ministry to complete this final battle plan. Have they all obeyed yet? Or is it still “silent” and that is why the seven trumpet angels have not yet prepared themselves to sound?
Listen to the podcast sound file (that is linked to in this post) for a message that addresses these critical questions of our day.